Monday, November 22, 2010

Prayer

This week in class was a week of prayer and homework. Everyone had at least 7 sessions in the prayer room. The Prayer room was just one of the unused dorms we had and it was all lit up with cute lights and at eye level there was every students picture. Below that there were pieces of paper with our names on it. throughout the week everyone wrote on each others paper with encouraging notes and our hopes for them. it was cool to see how supportive everyone was of each other and I really feel accepted.
I enjoy being with everyone here. we all have such a deeper level of friendship and understanding compared to what my previous friendships were like and I know the relationships I have here will last.
Spiritually I have grown so much. Previously, my spiritual life was basically dead and I never took anything in from what I was learning because I had no desire for lack of understanding. Now I am hungry to read, learn more and ask questions. I have bombarded my one intern with so many questions.
This week was a good one for me to grow. I had such peace everytime i went into the prayer room at first. and i cried for the first 4 and then the last three i was so tired and fell asleep in mid prayer. but i had a really good time during this week.

1 comment:

  1. Jordana, this is such a moving entry.
    I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear more about your journeys
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete