
This week at Kaleo, we went surfing in Tofino. While we were there, there was a surf competition called the Cold Water Classic. It was an amazing time seeing all those surfers on the huge waves. when I was surfing i was so focused on it. it took up so much energy and i have never swallowed that much salt water. I picked up surfing pretty quick because i carried my boogie boarding skills over into the mix. it was just a blast learning something completely new. and on that trip i got closer to a girl named Bret. She is pretty great. i can tell she will be a great influence on me.
This weekend I helped out at a woman's retreat. I worked in the kitchen and got to see the other side of camp which was good to see. My shifts were from 6 in the morning until 3. It was sooo hard for me to get up but I enjoyed drinking coffee that much more in the A.M. I got the meet the staff and learned more about them. it was really hard for me to keep a good attitude just because im not too awake in the morning, but i got over myself and loosened up a bit.
during thanksgiving i stayed back at camp and went into town with a bunch of the students and our intern. we had a sweet time hitting up thrift store's, and went out for a family meal. we were all on our way home when my intern ran over a baby deer and it eventually died.
That was my week here at Kaleo
Pce
No comments:
Post a Comment